"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet."
I found this verse when i was looking for something to meditate on about humility. I heard last week that humility can be understood as the opposite of entitlement. I think I have a pretty entitled attitude about a lot of stuff. I think I deserve a certain amount of respect, affection and sleep in any given day.
I love that part of this verse where it says hit bottom and cry your eyes out. Man I do that a lot. I'm glad that God knows my heart, and loves me even when I'm a mess... which is like 75% of the time lately :) It did me wonders when it finally clicked in my head that God is not interested in what I think is the right answer. He wants to know how I really feel and what I really think, even if acknowledging those thoughts makes me cry my eyes out. Man He's good. His quiet and consistent pursuit of me this winter has been a big lesson. Feeling blessed tonight. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment