Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 2 -- Luke 24:32





Luke 24:32




They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us
while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"





I've got to admit that I found this verse embroidered on a little picture frame thing at my aunt's house. I hadn't really thought of it standing on it's own before. But isn't it true!? I hope that we've all had times --- whether in worship, or a certain bible study, or a specific thing we were praying about where we can think back and say "were our hearts not burning?" and know that they really were. I can think of two times in the last year where God just brought me to my knees with the realization of how big and how real He is in my life.





I've been trying to think of my verse in terms of what's happening in my life in the current week. And the disaster in Haiti happened this week. I watch the news and hear the stories and just say directly to the Holy Spirit that "I need you to intercede for me on this one" --- where would we even start to pray?? I'm also trying to praise Him everytime I hear a story about a miraculous rescue or an impossible story that happened with the earthquake. 15 day old baby that was trapped alone for 48 hours??? Jesus that's YOU saving that child! In church this morning we sang "Saviour, You can move the mountains, My God is mighty to save" and prayed for the nation of Haiti while we worshipped. It was crazy powerful! Thank you Jesus for making your presence known!

No comments:

Post a Comment