18 “But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. 19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
I'm on a quest to find 52 verses this year. One per week. I'm hesitant to tell people that because I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. Or that I'll start strong and taper off as is a known weakness I have. But here goes nothing. This verse seems like a great place to start -- I feel like God has been working so powerfully and noticeably this past year and I don't want to lose that feeling of closeness. I also feel like its a challenge and a promise --- kind of like God smiling and saying "if you thought that was cool, wait til you see what I've got coming up" I want to be ready for that!
I'm also constantly looking for verses in scripture that define our "worth". When I was looking at this verse I found something earlier in the chapter that I think speaks to this in Isaiah 43:3-4
3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your
Savior. I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom; I gave Ethiopia
and Seba in your place. 4 Others were given in exchange for
you. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored,and I love you.
Doesn't that just sum it up!? I traded His life for yours and I love you. How many of us need to hear that and repeat if back to ourselves constantly?
No comments:
Post a Comment