
And again, I LOVED it. I decided I like any movie where there are people riding horses, fast, to save someone or something, set to dramatic music. I almost can't stand it i like it so much. So this got me thinking that the concept of people doing whats right, at any cost, to serve others is what gets me. This might seem like a stretch, but I think that's where it comes from. Especially when its a guy. How attractive. Yikes.
So this has lead me to a few verses that I've been thinking about the last few weeks. How Christ is our rescuer and how he would go to the ends of the earth just to get me back. There are verses that speak to this everywhere but here are a few i've been thinking through.Jeremiah 1:19
They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
Revelation 19:11-16
The Rider on the White Horse
The Rider on the White Horse
11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
Doesn't that just give you chills??? The ultimate horseback riding scene is in scripture and I feel like we get to see this someday! I might not be able to contain myself. Just some thoughts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment