I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.
She will call upon me, and I will answer her;
I will be with her in trouble,
I will deliver her and honor her.
With long life will I satisfy her
and show her my salvation."
Man -- do you need to hear that today as much as I do??? Because He loves me --- I will protect her, I will be with her, I will deliver her, I will show her MY salvation. I live so much of my life in fear and worry, and if I would just take Him at His word for all he offers to me and wants to do for me --- what a difference that would make.
I think I've been in a little funk lately. I let things bother me. I am easily discouraged and distracted. And I seek out things that I know will only frustrate and further exhaust me. Isn't it the "everyday" that takes the most out of us? The feeling that this day feels exactly like yesterday and tomorrow isn't looking much different? This is particularly upsetting when you didn't really 'love' the day that keeps repeating. Right?
In an effort to kick this negative nancy vibe I've got going --- I am taking you on a photo journey of things that are making me happy. I was challenged so much in my Bible study this last week on the subject of pride (did you notice how many times I used 'I' or 'me' in that last paragraph --- ugggg) Anyway, I really think the cure for pride is gratitude. I have a yoga instructor that always ends her meditation time with the statement "since gratitude is healing, let's close by thinking of something we're thankful for" and I really do think it helps me.
I'm thankful for this little gem. This water bottle is one of my new favorite things. It has a straw-like feature that makes drinking easier, but still keeps it from spilling. It helps me to realize how much better I feel when I drink cold water instead of coffee or pop. It also makes working out sooooo much easier when I've drank enough water and that makes me feel good about making my body stronger.
Well hello $3 clearance rack at Target item! I love love love that it is cool enough to wear slippers now, and I love slipping my feet into something comfy when I get home from wearing heels all day. I've been sitting out on my patio reading or checking email and I love having these on to keep my feet warm.
Well friends, it has been one of those weeks where my need to be reminded not to panic is so constant that I have been using this mug almost every day. Not a great sign of my mental state, but also a great reminder of where true peace comes from and that I if left to my own devices would be so constantly struggling. I love this mug. And I'm not in a panic. All good things. :)
I think I'm most thankful for the promises in my verse this week. I cannot believe I didn't include this, because it is really what I've thought about the most with this scripture --- but the verse right before in verse 11-13 says "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. I feel like I've got some lion-treading coming up. I think I am learning that it is less about the lions and more about me and God --- and my trusting that he has commanded his angels concerning me. That he won't even let me stub my toe when I am trampling the great lion. I BELIEVE him. I TRUST him.
"Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth..."
More to come soon! God is moving ladies! And we get to be a part of it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment