Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 38 --- 1 Timothy 1:15

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."


Haha -- do you find yourself needing unlimited patience as much as I do??


What an encouraging thought -- that even in our most challenging moments, not only does Christ forgive and heal and love us -- but he uses it as an example to others of His unlimited patience. Oh if my failures would be used for someone to see Jesus' mercy--- I think I start to see his redeeming power through that.


I had never heard this verse before. I was at a church in Virginia a few weeks ago and the pastor taught on several meaningful verses, but this is the one I walked away with. Paul thought he was the worst of sinners -- which is funny, because I thought I had that competition pretty much wrapped up for the worst sinner. "But for that very reason, I was shown mercy" -- does that just make you love Him even more? We look at our failures and say we are a lost cause, He looks at our shortcomings and sees an opportunity to show his incredible mercy. We tell ourselves we aren't good enough, He looks at us and patiently shows us He loves us. 


Found some oldies but goodies on my camera this last week --- look at this family! Don't you just love em? This is at a dive restaurant somewhere between my parent's house and the State Fair. We had not considered how many small town businesses shut down on Sundays, and this was literally one of the only places open.






Mom and I rockin out at the Martina McBride concert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment